STUNNING RAHIMOANA VILLA
Upon arrival into Auckland Airport you will be met by an Antipodean representative and transferred by private vehicle to the Domestic Terminal for your departing flight.
Fly AUCKLAND to BAY OF ISLANDS
On arrival in the Bay of Islands you will be met and transferred to Eagles Nest in Russell. This is a transfer of approximately 1 hour and includes a short car ferry. The remainder of the day is at your leisure at Eagles Nest, to relax and settle into your beautiful new surroundings.
ACCOMMODATION: Eagles Nest: Rahimoana 4 Bedroom Villa incl. Breakfast Provisions and One Personal Chef prepared meal of choice daily (up to three courses)
LUXURY BOAT CHARTER
Today you will be transferred by an Eagles Nest representative to enjoy a Luxury Boat Cruise through the Bay of Islands. Your private sailing boat is fast and nimble enough to explore the bay with ease, yet has the comfort, safety and ambience to provide an exceptional day on board, enjoying the breeze and the view from the covered deck. Guided by our professional and knowledgeable crew enjoy beach combing and lunch served in a sheltered cove. As you cruise the stunning harbour you will also become aware of the significance of the Maori and maritime history in the area. At the conclusion of your cruise, make your way back to Eagles Nest.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Luxury Boat Cruise through the Bay of Islands incl. Lunch
Today is at your leisure in the Bay of Islands. We recommend you enjoy some of the following optional activities:
• Private Helicopter Excursion over Northland & Quad Biking at 90 Mile Beach Adventure: This tour takes you along the coastline north of Matauri Bay, including Cape Karikari, before heading to Cape Reinga, the northern most point in New Zealand. As you travel North, enjoy the magnificent sweeping views of Te Werahi beach down to Cape Maria Van Dieman, the crashing turmoil as the Tasman Sea and the mighty Pacific Ocean collide, the splendid isolation of the lighthouse and the location of the Spirit Tree; these are just some of the highlights of this extremely spiritual place. Track the wild horses running freely on the grasslands backing this endless strip of beach. Following your helicopter flight, your quad biking excursion will begin! Upon arrival at Hukatere you will be briefed by your guide for a quad biking adventure before travelling through Aupouri Forest and its tranquil pine trees on your way to 90 Mile Beach’s famous vast stretch of sand. Journey through the largest exotic pine forest in the Far North and enjoy the unspoiled scenery surrounding this unique area. Once on the beach enjoy breathtaking panoramic views and ride along the golden white sand. At the conclusion of the day you will be transferred back to your accommodation.
• Private Guided Hike in the Puketi Forest: Be guided through the tranquil natural beauty of the ancient Puketi Rainforest and walk among the giant Kauri Trees as well as a variety of native flora and fauna. Puketi boasts some of the most spectacular scenery Northland has to offer. The guide will share with you stories, history, and culture. This is a hike of approximately 2 hours.
• Kerikeri Sights and Winery Excursion: The township and environs of Kerikeri glory in fruit, crafts and history. All along the side of the road are orchards selling their delicious produce and signs that indicate the presence of a potter, painter, or sculptor. Today your guide will personalize your Kerikeri sightseeing excursion to your interests. You may like to visit historical sites including the Kerikeri Mission House, the country’s oldest house and the Stone Store. However, the true highlight of this excursion is enjoying a sumptuous meal and a glass of matched wine at Marsden Estate Winery for lunch.
• Visit the historic village of Russell: Russell, the now quaint sleepy Victorian township was once a haven for runaway sailors, escaped convicts, lusty whalers and the site of New Zealand’s first European settlement and capital. Today Russell is a fabulous place for a leisurely stroll before enjoying lunch at a local cafe.
• Kawiti Glowworm Cave: Visit these historic glowworm and limestone caves, only a 40 minute drive and vehicle ferry ride from Russell. Discovered in the early 17th century, Kawiti cave is still owned by the Kawiti family. Follow the walkways through the cave, marvelling at the magical glowworms and limestone formations before a 10 minute bush walk over the hill through a natural corridor of ferns, shrubs, fungi, trees and karst limestone and sandstone formations.
Horse Riding: A unique and exhilarating way to see the Bay of Islands is on horse back. Enjoy untouched locations rarely accessible atop one of the beautifully groomed horses. The instructors offer all levels of rider the opportunity to dictate the pace. Take in stunning farm and ocean views as you make your way around the local Purerua Peninsula, arriving at a private cove where you will have the opportunity to run the horses on the sand and even swim with them in the Pacific!
FAMOUS HUKA LODGE
This morning you will be transferred by private vehicle to Kerikeri Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly BAY OF ISLANDS to TAUPO via AUCKLAND
On arrival at Taupo Airport you will be met by a Huka Lodge representative and transferred to Huka Lodge. This is a transfer of approximately 20 minutes. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to enjoy the wonderful facilities at the lodge; play tennis or petanque, swim in the heated outdoor swimming pool, soak in the spa pool or perhaps take a short stroll to the mighty Huka Falls where more than 220,000 litres of water tumbles over a cliff face every second!
ACCOMMODATION: Huka Lodge: Two Junior Lodge Suites, Double/Twin Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Jet Boating, Prawn Fishing.
WHITE ISLAND MARINE VOLCANO
This morning you will lift off to enjoy a White Island and Mount Tarawera Volcanic Helicopter Safari.
Departing by helicopter fly north along the volcanic fault line on route to White Island. Along the way enjoy spectacular aerial views of Wai-O-Tapu Thermal reserve with its vibrant Artist’s Pallet and the Waimangu Valleys beautiful hot lakes before flying over the summit of Mount Tarawera Volcano. Here enjoy informed commentary about the Mountain’s relatively recent eruptive history and enjoy spectacular views of the craters and domes formed by the 1886 eruption. From here continue onto the climax of the journey standing on and walking around White Island’s active crater floor; this is an incredible experience and definitely one of the highlights of this volcanic excursion.
This afternoon is at your leisure in Taupo. We recommend you enjoy one of the following optional activities:
• White Water Rafting Adventure: The Kaituna River provides an incredible white water journey, perfect for rafters of all confidence levels, including those who have never rafted before. This is a grade 5 trip. Passing through spectacular native bush and planted forest, you’ll escape the worries and cares of the urban world and enter into a special New Zealand environment of pristine beauty and peace. With time in between rapids to take in the scenery and the company of your fellow rafters, your trip will provide a true river journey experience.
• Rotorua Mountain Bike Adventure: Your private guide will meet you at the lodge and transfer you by private vehicle to Rotorua, boasting some of the best mountain biking on this planet. Your day begins in Whakarewarewa Redwood Forest, Rotorua’s premiere venue. Surrounded by forest there is over 100kms of purpose built single track on our doorstep, beautiful lakes to cycle to and spectacular rides through thermal areas. Your ride is very much catered to you on the day, and after a short warm-up, you choose from the many options to suit your skill and fitness level, providing a fantastic day out.
At the conclusion of your day you will be transferred back to Huka Lodge.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: White Island and Mount Tarawera Volcanic Helicopter Safari.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Tour of Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Village with Heli-transfers.
This morning you will be met by your local Antipodean Guide to enjoy a Half Day Fly-Fishing. Depart the lodge by 4WD with your experienced and very keen guide who will take you to a remote backcountry stream. Your guide will share his knowledge of the stream pool by pool. You will cast to rainbow and brown trout in crystal clear pools. At the conclusion of your excursion you will be returned back to Huka Lodge. This afternoon is at your leisure in Taupo. We recommend you enjoy one of the following optional activities:
• Spa Treatments at Huka Lodge: Enjoy a massage or spa treatment in the privacy of your room.
• Guided Hike: Your guide will tailor make your hike to suit, and pack a picnic lunch for you to enjoy. Hike through beautiful native forests with views across lakes and towards the mountains.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Half Day Fly Fishing
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Charter Boat on Lake Taupo, Tandem Sky-Diving, Adventure day in Rotorua at Kids Park.
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers in the Hawke’s Bay. This is a transfer of approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes. This afternoon enjoy a Kiwi Discovery Walk at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers. Experience a very special activity with Kiwi expert Dr. John McLennan and his team. Enjoy an exclusive, guided walk on the property, in search of the New Zealand Kiwi Bird. You will help the guides use their radio tracking and monitoring devices to locate these unique, nocturnal birds. This gives you the chance to get up-close and learn more about one of New Zealand’s most endangered and rare birds.
ACCOMMODATION: The Farm at Cape Kidnappers: One Hilltop Family Suite, Quad Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Kiwi Discovery Walk
CRAGGY RANGE WINERY
This morning enjoy a Property Tour by Can-Am at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers. No visit to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is complete without a tour of this 6,000 acre working sheep and cattle farm. Your guide will take you to the furthermost reaches of the property with views south towards Ocean Beach and Bare Island. With an experienced guide you will be taken through the old creek bed, across expansive farmland and down to historic Rangaika Beach in a Can-Am Motorcycle. This afternoon you will be transferred by private vehicle to enjoy lunch at Terrôir Restaurant at Craggy Range Winery. Terroir has a French country theme and specializes in rotisserie and wood-fired oven cooking, complimented with the vineyards own wines. Enjoy the rustic feel of the restaurant and views of Te Mata Peak, the lake and vineyards.
Following lunch, you will be met by your local guide and transferred to Black Barn to enjoy a Private Cycling Wine Tour. Take time to view the great New Zealand art on show at the vineyard gallery as well as tasting the wines and viewing the amphitheatre and market site which make Black Barn unique. Cycle out towards the Cape Coast, a distance of 16kms of easy, flat, riding along a beautifully scenic trail. Enjoy wine tastings at Elephant Hill and Clearview Estate Wineries.
On the conclusion of your tour, you will be transferred back to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Property Tour by Can-Am and Private Cycling Wine Tour
ANNANDALE SCRUBBY BAY
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to Napier Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly NAPIER to CHRISTCHURCH
On arrival into Christchurch Airport, you will be met and transferred by private vehicle to Annandale. This is a transfer of approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This afternoon enjoy Sea Kayaking. Accompanied by a guide, kayak through the remote and sheltered Pigeon Bay inlet and take in the stunning coastal scenery. Tailored to all skill levels this is a great activity for the whole family!
ACCOMMODATION: Annandale: Scrubby Bay incl. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Sea Kayaking
This morning you will be met by your local Antipodean guide to enjoy a Guided Day trip to Akaroa with Scenic Harbour Cruise. This exquisite seaside town, which once prospered as a French whaling station, is still rich with French, Maori and English culture. Explore the village with its colonial architecture, galleries and craft stores. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant today.
From the town’s harbour, you will board a boat for a two hour scenic cruise around the peninsula including a visit to a Hector dolphin pod. Enjoy an intimate and personal cruise experience around the spectacular seascape including sea caves, high cliffs and volcanic rock formations. Akaroa Harbour is host to amazing bird life and sea mammals including the world’s smallest and rarest dolphins, the Hectors Dolphin. Light refreshments are included onboard today.
At the conclusion of the day, you will be transferred back to Scrubby Bay at Annandale.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Guided Day trip to Akaroa with Scenic Harbour Cruise
HISTORIC EICHARDT’S PRIVATE HOTEL
Today you will be transferred to Christchurch Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly CHRISTCHURCH to QUEENSTOWN
On arrival into Queenstown, you will be met and transferred by private vehicle to Eichardt’s Private Hotel. This is a transfer of approximately 20 minutes.
The remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your beautiful new surroundings. We recommend you explore the centre of Queenstown with its diversity of shops and activities. Perhaps head up the gondola to the top of Bob’s Peak for an amazing view of the area. A great welcome to the adventure capital!
• The Skyline Gondola: Reputed to be the steepest lift in the Southern Hemisphere, the gondola carries visitors high above Queenstown to the Skyline complex located on Bob’s Peak. Situated an easy five-minute walk from central Queenstown, the gondola is an all-weather tourist attraction in its own right. Sit back and relax as the views from the gondola unfold while you journey to the Skyline complex. Numerous observation decks around the complex offer breathtaking views of Coronet Peak and The Remarkables, over Queenstown and across Lake Wakatipu to Cecil and Walter Peaks.
• The Skyline Luge: The scenery’s a blur as you hurtle down a winding downhill track through the trees! Race through the bends, or pull in for a breather and enjoy the panorama from one of the stopping bays. Burn it up on the fast track or cruise sedately down the scenic track then hop on the chairlift and do it all again. Skyline Luge – it’s 800 metres of fast-paced freedom where once is never enough!
• Tandem Paragliding: Take the Skyline Gondola cable car ride to Bob’s Peak where you will have spectacular views over Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu. Your flight takes you over a pine forest, practically skimming the top of the tall pine trees, the ground then drops dramatically away exposing you to 2500 feet of breath-taking views beneath you.
ACCOMMODATION: Eichardt’s Private Hotel: Two Lake View Suites, Double/Twin Occupancy incl. Breakfast and Evening Drink
MAJESTIC MILFORD SOUND
This morning you will be transferred to Queenstown Airport where you will lift off to enjoy a Milford Sound Helicopter Excursion with Glacier Landing. You will see mountains gliding by as your helicopter winds its way through the Southern Alps on an unforgettable flight to Milford Sound. This breathtaking flight takes you over secluded alpine lakes, lush rainforest, through deep bush-fringed valleys and past rugged mountain peaks. Land and stroll on a deserted beach to absorb the natural beauty of Fiordland. Your flight then sweeps the full length of the fiord until you reach the rugged West Coast offering a unique opportunity to view seals in their natural colonies. Experience a glacier landing before touching down at one of the secret wilderness sites for a picnic lunch!
On arrival back into Queenstown, you will be transferred back to Eichardt’s Private Hotel where the remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Milford Sound Helicopter Excursion with Glacier Landing incl. Picnic Lunch
AWARD WINNING AMISFIELD WINERY
This morning you will be met by your local Antipodean Guide to enjoy a Full Day Sightseeing Tour in the Queenstown Region. First ‘Catch the Canyons’ with Shotover Jet the World’s most exciting Jet Boat ride. This is a thrilling thirty minute jet boat ride you’ll never forget! The Shotover Canyon walls tower over you as your driver skillfully whips the boat past rocky outcrops, and skims around crags and boulders!
Visit the nearby historic gold mining village of Arrowtown, purveying a combination of historic buildings and quiet charm. The growing café culture means there are great cafés and restaurants to choose from. Being an artistic town, there is artwork ranging from traditional to contemporary on exhibit in the many homestead studios surrounding Arrowtown.
Today enjoy lunch at Amisfield Winery, the architectural award-winning winery known for its “Grown Not Made” philosophy. Amisfield’s Bistro is located within an iconic stone building with stunning views of snow covered mountains and the beautiful Lake Hayes. Choose from the daily changing menu or indulge in Amisfield’s famous shared dining experience, ‘Trust the Chef Menu’ where you will be served a selection of dishes designed to be shared at the table; all dishes are chosen by the chef based on the freshest ingredients available on the day.
You will also have the opportunity to watch or do a Bungy Jump! Take a leap off the bridge where it all began. A.J. Hackett, a New Zealander who became a worldwide cult hero after jumping off the Eiffel Tower on a bungee rope, was the first person to develop bungy jumping commercially. Take the plunge – 141 feet (43 metres) into the canyon below. Following lunch explore more of the Southern Lakes region – with your guide assisting with recommendations. At the conclusion of your day, you will be transferred back to Eichardt’s Private Hotel.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Full Day Sightseeing in the Queenstown Region incl. Shotover Jet Boat Ride (Shotover Jet Boat on Shared Basis)
FAMILY CYCLING IN CENTRAL OTAGO
Today is at your leisure in Queenstown. We recommend you enjoy some of the following optional activities:
• Canyon Swing: Take a leap or launch from the 109 metre high cliff edge over the Shotover River. Gravity accelerates you for 60 metres of freefall just metres from the vertical cliff face. Reaching speeds of 150kph as the canyonous rocks rush towards you before the ropes smoothly swing you past. Whatever your jump style this is 200 metres of very exciting ‘Canyon Rush’!
• Off-Road Buggy Expedition: Experience the thrills and excitement of this off-roading excursion as you explore the many trails located around Queenstown’s stunning Wakatipu Valley. Your experienced and passionate guide will whisk you away, racing down the straights and drifting around the corners whilst conquering all jumps and bumps that stand in your way!
• Quad Biking Adventure: Experience awesome scenery, amazingly fresh air and unhindered fun on a private quad-bike through the beautiful New Zealand countryside around Queenstown. You’ll receive a safety briefing before hopping on quad bikes for a wild and bumpy two-hour ride through the New Zealand farm country. No experience necessary — the bikes are perfect for novices or for experienced drivers.
• Cycling and Sightseeing in the Queenstown Region: Enjoy magic views of the high Remarkables and Crown Range mountains while riding the rural landscapes on part of the national cycle way. The Arrowtown to Gibbston trail is one of the most spectacular rides within the Queenstown trail network. The cycle way starts in the picturesque historic village of Arrowtown then winds its way on a wide gentle purpose built cycle path following and crossing the Arrow River on spectacular suspension bridge, under passes and under highways. The gem at the end is crossing the historic suspension bridge where New Zealand’s first commercial Bungee jumping business operates. There are many varied and stunning ride options on the 100km that are available in this trail network, all suited for the more sedate chilled rider rather than the big back country downhill options in the mountains. *The itinerary will be tailored to suit your cycling abilities.
• Golf at The Hills Private Golf Club: The Hills is New Zealand’s most exclusive golf club. This remarkable golf course nestled in the Southern Alps started as a ‘pitch and putt’ in the backyard and is now a world class championship golf course. Playing in a setting such as The Hills is a dream come true for any avid golfer.
• Guided Hike on the Routeburn Track: Enjoy a day hiking one of New Zealand’s most famous alpine walks with stunning vistas of sweeping valleys below and majestic peaks above. As you walk up the wide smooth track to Routeburn Flats your guide will point out the unique flora and birdlife of the Routeburn Valley. Enjoy a drink and picnic lunch at Routeburn Flats Hut while taking in the splendour of the surrounding mountains before heading on to the Routeburn Falls or meandering home. The Routeburn Track traverses wild and scenic mountain country between the Hollyford and Dart Valleys at the base of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. Since the 1880’s the Routeburn Track has proved to be one of the most accessible and popular journeys into New Zealand’s forests and mountains.
• Lake Hayes Hike: This hike offers a charming and unique landscape reflected by the Lake Hayes along the way you can observe the majestic mountains of the Wakatipu Basin. This hike offers a splendid background for any picture!
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to Queenstown Airport to check in for your departing flight and transfers to the international carriers in Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington.
At Antipodean Luxury Travel, all our holidays are curated specifically to your requirements. This 15 day Family itinerary is only a sample of what’s available. Two week holidays start around NZD $40,000 per family (based on two adults, two children). Get in touch with one of our travel specialist today to start planning your dream family holiday.